CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick kiddo in the house!

Ella has had some kind of virus the last 3 days! I got a call from Krystal on Thursday afternoon at work telling me my kiddo had a temperature at preschool, so she was kind enough to bring her home, and I was able to leave work early to take her home. I took her to the doctor because I as afraid she was coming down with the flu, but they did a flu test and it was negative. Thank goodness! She ran a low grade fever all day and night (about 100.5) and all day Friday. I was switching off Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours, but the fever kept returning, plus she didn't want to eat anything and had nasty green snot all day ! So I called the dr again and they called in amoxicilin for me saying she probably had a little infection too. Well, then Sat night her fever went up over 101 and she brokeout in the splotchy rash on her arms, legs, face, and tushy. It was weird! I assumed it was caused by the fever, but we called the after hours doctor and they said it was probably a viral rash. So after a momentary freak out, all was okay until about 10:15 pm when it had been 1 1/2 hours since I had given her motrin and her fever was still not coming down, so we decided to take her to the Urgent Care doctor in Hurst. Daniel said the website said they were open until 11 pm, so when we got there at almost 11 pm, the sign said it closed at 10. UGH!!!!! By then, the motrin must have decided to kick in because her fever was coming down. So we just went home. What a night!!!! She had no fever by the time we got back home and I just checked on her about every 2 hours. She slept until 10 am! Poor thing! She was just worn out! She didn't run a fever again until about 5 am and she remained fever free until about 7 this evening. She is finally starting to get better...I hope! Viruses are no fun at all! It's so scary when she runs a fever like that! I always think it's something worse than it is. Thank goodness for my mom! She always knows what to do. Thanks mom!This was from Valentine's day! My precious little angel!


0 comments: