These pics are completely out of order and condensed. I have a zillion photos of each vacation below, but I picked out the best ones.
We have had a very busy summer and we have enjoyed every minute of it! I feel like I have stuffed as much as I could into these last 3 months because starting next week, I will be working full time again. It was by choice. The plan was to wait until Ella started Kindergarten, but I was offered a job and felt like I couldn't turn it down. It wasn't something I immediately accepted. I prayed about it a lot and felt like it was time to go back. When I resigned from teaching, I honestly thought I would not go back to it, but I've been away from it long enough to want to go back and Ella has to start school eventually. I was fortunate enough to get a position back at Euless Jr. High teaching 7th grade English again. No coaching this time! Whoo-Hoo! We were also very blessed to be able to enroll Ella into the Core Knowledge Pre-K at Meadow Creek Elementary. It was lottery, so I had to wait and see. 108 people applied and there were only 66 spots. So a blessing indeed! Ella is very excited about going to "big kid school!"
So on to this summer!
4th of July! Our trip the Padre. Ella loves the beach!
I love this pic!
Our 2 Week vacation to Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. We spent a week camping and visiting many National parks and then we spent a week in a condo with Daniel's family in Park City, UT. It was THE BEST vacation I have ever been. We all LOVED it! We drove over 4000 miles and Ella was a trooper! She had her moments, but they were few and far between.
Zion Nation Park, UT
Capital Reef
Mesa Verde
The Four Corners
The Grand Canyon, South Rim
I feel like I've been on a 2 year vacation being a stay at home mom. Of course, it wasn't all fun and games, but it has been the best 2 years of my life. Staying home was worth every sacrifice and I'm so thankful for Daniel who made it happen. It's amazing what you can do without. At least I know I will still have all of the holidays and summers off to spend time with my sweet Ella. It only took about 8 months for me to post something. Hopefully, the next post wont take me so long.
1 comments:
Just wanted to tell you that I am so excited for you that you got these two years at home, and I am so excited you have found the perfect job to go back to! That is amazing. Hope it has been good so far!!!
FUN vacation pics. You guys are BRAVE. :)
Post a Comment