I really, really, really wanted to buy Ella a pettiskirt, but then decided not to when I found out they retailed for $75-$80. OMG!!! So I decided to try and make one. I've got time now right....errrrr... well sort of...when Ella is sleeping. This thing was the stinkin' hardest thing I've tried to make so far, but it turned out much better than I expected. For a minute there I wondered what I got myself into. The only thing I really did wrong was that I sewed the seams outward instead of in. I realized that after I had started, so I just kept doing it that way. I must admit, I was quite proud of myself. Anyway, I tried to take a pic of Ella in it, but she is going through a, "I don't want to wear clothes" stage, so she wasn't very happy. I made this for exactly $21. Can you believe that! I just bought some teal/blue material to make her another one, and I think it will turn out a lot better the second time around since I know what I'm doing now. I'll post pics of that one when I am done. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
too cute!!! I want one for Kaity...and Hannah!! (Christmas is coming up) :)
Seriously, would you come and tutor me for a week or so on my sewing machine?!?! How you made the bedding and that skirt with NO PATTERN, just "putting it together..." Amazing!!! Too cute! You've got talent. :)
Thanks! Well, I used a how-to written directions to make the skirt. It really takes more patients than talent to make the skirt. It seems more complicated than it is. Here are the directions, I used both to figure it out:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2267710_sew-boutique-style-pettiskirt.html
or
http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/how-to-make-a-childs-pettiskirt-video-instructions/
Post a Comment